Saturday, August 30, 2008

Fall is Here (at least in my mind)


I have been in such a fall mood. I've also discovered the Demonstrator Pages on the web. They have challenges that you don't really win anything, but it's just fun. So here's the deal. The first one did was to make a Halloween card with specific colors, not necessarily ones that you would associate with halloween (Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Perfect Plum, and So Saffron). Here's my card for that one, the one to the right). It was really fun.

The next one that I did was to make a fall card without using earth elements SU family colors. This removed all the browns and rust colors. This one was really fun, because I got to use my new Autumn Harvest stamp set. This card is beautiful. This really surprised me how well this card turned out, especially since my 4-year-old decided that she was going to "help" me stamp the leaves. I think we may have got really carried away with it.

So then it was Bunco night and I knew what I wanted to do. I wanted to make a cute sign that had the happiness words from Decor elements. I demo'ed the application at my Home Decor event, but the poor sign just looked a little bare. I added some fun shading and a few embelishments and viola. I really liked how that turned out. Here's a picture of sign. I think it's really cute and fun. I'm just sad that I gave it away, but Kresta won it so I can go visit it if I want to.


Then just as I was finishing this project, my friend Heavenly, called and said that she was going to take Myron up on his offer to babysit (actually she asked me to ask Myron, but I forgot) and it was really last minute. She needed a gift. She bought a gift certificate for a card class and I told her I would make it really cute. The Demo Challenge was to make a cute backpack. So I tried it. It was a lot of fun. Here it is. OH SO cute!!! OK, so it's been a really creative week. I guess I might have a little too much time on my hands, but these were so much fun to make. I get such a feeling of accomplishment that I can make these cute things. I just remember my Art teacher laughing at my pathetic drawings and attempts at being creative.

No comments: